Wi- Fi is the term used in the context of internet, full form of Wi-Fi is Wireless Fidelity. We all have come across this type of networks across the airports, educational institutions, shopping malls and so on. Given below are some of the Wi- Fi advantages and disadvantages –
- The biggest benefit of this network is that one does not have to deal with wires to connect to the internet as it is wireless and one need to have proper network and laptop, mobile or desktop having wireless software to connect to the internet.
- One can sit at bedroom, drawing room, at balcony and surf the net without doing worrying about the network connectivity problem as one can surf the internet from anywhere within a specified area.
- There is no limit to the number of people who can use this service and hence it is ideal for public places like malls, parks, railway stations, airports and so on.
- The biggest drawback of this is that it is prone to security attacks as some people tend to break into the network and can steal important data of the person using such service.
- Another drawback is that the use of it is limited to small area only and thus one cannot use it everywhere therefore limiting its use.
- The speed of this when it is compared with internet which is connected by cable is slow and therefore it is not ideal for people who want super fast speed.