Up selling is a marketing technique where the salesman tries to induce the customer to buy a higher priced product or upgrades rather than lower priced product and hence increasing the sales for the company. Given below are some of the upselling examples –
- Inducing customer to buy extended warranty for laptops or desktops
- A person who has come for buying a flat television but encourage him or her to buy LED or Plasma.
- In a restaurant when you finish the food waiters ask for desserts is an example of upselling.
- While purchasing DTH adding premium services to customer’s monthly package
- While giving car or two wheeler for regular service, mechanic tends to pursue customer to go for oil replacement and other such higher product range.