CAT exams are considered to be the toughest examination and those who are able to crack the exam are considered to be genius as only few students are able to crack the common admission test exam out of many students. Given below are some of the tips which will help you in cracking the CAT exam –
- Start Early – One should start preparing for CAT entrance exam at least 1 year before the exam, because CAT is not like your graduation exam where you can clear the exam by doing study 2 or 3 days before the exam.
- Coaching – CAT exam require coaching as there are many aspects which require brushing up before appearing for CAT exam and though some people can clear CAT without coaching but majority of students require coaching.
- The Two S – Speed and Smartness are the two main things which sets you apart from other students because CAT is a time bound test so speed assumes importance and common admission test paper is not designed in such a way that if a student is stuck in one question than chances are he or she will lose out on many other questions, so while giving CATexam you have to be smart enough to leave such questions and attempt relatively easier questions.
- Practice – The adage practice makes perfect is perhaps made for CAT exams, the more you practice past year’s questions and other questions the more perfect you become because without practice there are no chances that you will be able to clear the CAT exam.
- Newspaper – Read English newspaper daily for 1 hour because it will not only improve your English and reading speed but it will also help in increasing the general knowledge of yours which will be needed when you go for group discussion and interview round of common admission test.