Giving a successful interview is only the half part done for getting a job, the next part which is a deciding factor for whether you join a company or not is salary negotiation. Here is the list of tips which can be helpful while negotiating the salary.
1. First and foremost factor for negotiation should be the current economy condition, because if economy is booming then you have more negotiation power because there are plenty of options available to you, but if economy is in bad shape than one should tone down his or her salary expectations.
2. One should make sure that employers make the first offer to you rather than you asking how much will be my salary.
3. One should do proper research about the position for which he or she is applying, also the current salary package which is being given for the same position in other companies.
4. Do not look only at money but one should also pay attention to other perks which are there in doing the job. Sometimes it may be possible that money wise job may look unattractive but other perks are combined with money then it may be attractive.
5. One should know his or her worth, which will help in deciding the floor below which one should not take the job offer.