Here is the list of various types of sampling which can be done for drawing statistical interference –
1. Simple Random Sampling – Under this type each sample has an equal chance of being selected.
2. Systematic Sampling – Under this each element has an equal chance of being selected but each sample does not have the same chance of being selected.
3. Stratified Sampling – This type is used when the population is heterogeneous. Hence in this type the entire population is divided into groups according to some homogeneous characteristics among them and then sample is drawn.
4. Cluster Sampling – Under this type population is divided into clusters randomly and then sample is taken from each cluster.
5. Judgment Sampling – Under this type sample is taken according to the judgment of the person doing it and therefore it has subjectivity involved in this.