Tamil Nadu states is situated in southern region of India, It has number of big and small cities, given below is the list of the major cities which are there in Tamil Nadu –
- Chennai, Capital of the state
- Coimbatore, nicknamed as Manchester of South India
- Madurai, known for its temples. Meenakshi temple being the most prominent among them.
- Tiruchirappalli, one of the main industrial and educational hubs of the state.
- Kanchipuram, place of historical and religious significance for Hindus
- Kodaikanal, a popular hill station