LED is a recently developed technology for televisions and it directly competes with the LCD televisions, here is the list of some of the differences between LCD and LED televisions –
1. LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display while LED stands for Light emitting Diode.
2. Light emitting Diode television are more expensive as compared to LCD televisions.
3. Light emitting Diode television uses less energy as compared to that of LCD televisions.
4. LCD television use mercury in the manufacturing process while Light emitting Diode television does not use mercury in the manufacturing process.
5. LED televisions are light as compared to that of LCD televisions and therefore it is one of the strength of LED televisions.
6. Another difference between the two is that they both have different backlighting technology and therefore the picture quality differs accordingly.