A joint venture can be defined as agreement between two companies where a third company will come into existence which focuses on a specific market. Joint venture can be both domestic and international. Given below is the list of some of the examples of joint venture which have happened –
- Joint venture between Bharti, Wal-Mart to open stores in India.
- JV between Sony Corporation and Ericsson to form Sony Ericsson.
- Ashok Leyland and Nissan JV for Light Commercial Vehicles
- Orange and T-Mobile JV for mobile phone operation business.
- Mahindra and Renault Joint venture
- Microsoft and Accenture Joint venture to form Avanade.
Apart from above there are many local and international joint ventures which keeps happening as the situation, management and market strategy of companies change.