Houseboat is one of the major attraction of Kerala and majority of tourists who visit Kerala go for this activity, given below are some of the features of houseboat –
- It runs in afternoon and it roams in backwaters throughout the day and in evening it stops at a designated place and throughout the night it stays there.
- There are around 3 to 4 people on board to help you and tourists are provided with lunch and dinner on boat itself.
- On entering the boat you are given welcome drink and also the captain shows you your rooms and houseboat.
- There are air conditioners in rooms itself but some boats AC start only in evening when boat stops and not in afternoon.
- In next morning you are provided with breakfast and tea and then it returns to its starting point, hence one can say that you get to live around 24 hours on houseboat.