Irony refers to situation where things or situations take different shape of what was expected. In order to understand it better given below are some of the examples of irony –
- The weather department forecast of thunderstorm and it turns out to be a sunny day.
- A sportsperson who is a legend and he or she performs poorly in his or her last outing as a player.
- When a person who does not deserve to be in organisation but he or she is made president of the company.
- A holiday destination which you thought to be like heaven turns out to be an ordinary one.
- A movie which is hyped for a long time and it is expected by everyone to break all records of box office, but it turns out to be a mediocre movie